Tuesday 9 November 2010

Out of Control - The British Tabloid Press

After four days of enforced blog-free existence due to the collapse of my Internet connection, I am back and boy, am I ready to blog again......

First up.....British tabloids.  What on earth is going on?  The urge to destroy celebrities seems to have grown so strong amongst the more well known and less reputable papers, that it is starting to drive me mad!  Surely there must be a limit on how far the national press (or at least a handful of the less palatable ones) should be able to stoop to sell copies?

The amount of rubbish that they print is surely getting out of hand.....with innocent people that try their luck on shows like the X Factor finding themselves in receipt of death threats and hate mail.

Don't get me wrong, I do realise that it takes more than just a newspaper to result in hate mail - you need a massively imbalanced weirdo to write the letter and post it - but hopefully you get my point. 

Newspapers used to be about reporting news.  NEWS.  Not endless lies and invented scandal designed to ruin people's lives.

It seems to be a growing problem and one that needs to be stopped.  I am guessing the only way to do that would be to put the editors of these rags through the same kind of character assassination as they inflict on others.

Chances of that happening are zero....More's the pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.