Saturday 23 October 2010

Knit One, Purl One, Blog One

Today is all about one thing - Knitting!

Don't misunderstand me, I am not actually proud of this fact, nor do I regard my latest obsession as anything other than a little bit of an inconvenience really!

After approximately six months of knit-free existence, I have once again been seized by the need to knit. It first got me last Christmas when my mother innocently presented me with a gift of a scarf knitting set. It sat, lonely amongst a pile of gifts for a couple of days until on New Years Eve, I picked it up.

A couple of Google enquires (how to cast on, how to do the knit stitch, that kind of thing) later, I was off. Once I had started, I just couldn't stop!

By New Years Day it was done - a beautiful silver scarf that I had made - me! The rush was immense!

The next day I dragged my husband to the nearest craft emporium and spent a fortune on needles and wool.

One week and two hats later, I was back - for more wool and a basket to keep everything in. I was hooked.

A good few hats and a rather nice jumper later, the urge passed and I moved on to another "craze" - reading as I recall - for a couple of months. Then, when that urge passed, I discovered Blogging and now that the nights are drawing in, and the silver scarf is back in daily use, I have picked up my needles again.

So today I am making a hat for my dear friend Siani and then I am going to start on a hat for my boy. I have also started a scarf with some really wierd wool that I bought from Ebay earlier this week and I am toying with the idea of making something a bit more complicated!

But fear not blog-friends - my rediscovered love of knitting does not mean the death-knell of my blogging career. I have scaled down to just this one blog (from four!! I know....I admit I am obsessive, ok!) and even I can manage one blog, knitting, motherhood, wifely responsibilities and a full time job....really!

Have a fab Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.