Wednesday 22 September 2010

Mind the Gap......Age Gap That Is!

The eagle eyed amongst you may have spotted that my eye candy page contains one or two somewhat more mature gentlemen - Phil Glenister (who I guess if you live anywhere outside of the UK, you probably won't know) and Jose Mourinho (ditto unless you are a big football fan!) being the main offenders.

I must confess that I am what I have heard referred to as an "old man botherer" - I prefer my men to be a bit older, with a good deal more life experience and far less emotional hang ups than their younger counter parts.

My Husband and I......
I can claim to be something of an authority here due to the fact that I have tried both options!  My first husband was younger than me and my second husband is more than 20 years older than me!  I am the Catherine Zeta-Jones of the UK (now that the CZJ has moved to the US, leaving a vacancy!) much to the amusement of my friends!

Thing is, I like grey hair.  I think lines on the face add character (on a man - not on my face, but that's a whole other post!) and I actually enjoy the fact that we can sometimes view life from the perspective of two different generations.

We lock horns now and then - with age comes a stubbornness and spirit that can be hard to break - but I think that's part of the appeal for me - I like a challenge!

We attract a few strange glances when we step out together, and I'll admit that my mum took some persuading at first, but we are happy together and that's all we care about now.

So if you ask me, the older man rocks - and if it's good enough for Catherine Zeta, Calista Flockhart, Katie Holmes et al, it's good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.