Friday 21 February 2014

Cook? Me? Pass the Vodka please!

So I'll admit that my bucket list list is pretty unadventurous in the eyes of those who don't know me very well but for those of you who do, you will know that for me to have any target that involves food preparation is, well, foolish.
If Nigella Lawson's talent for cooking is a swimming pool, my own talent is a raindrop in comparison!
I will admit that I enjoy a bit of baking, and I have turned out some reasonable danish pastries in my time, but give me anything savoury to prepare and I literally fall to pieces.
Anything that requires multiple cooking times, more than one cooking temperature or any form of advance prep and I am a ball of nerves.  The kitchen is less zen-filled creative space and more chaos-meets-confusion-meets-meltdown!
Christmas dinner is my one exception.......and this is (to my utter shame) only the case because my husband has realised that after several extremely stressful Christmas days, the only way to get me through it is to ply me with alcohol.  Sadly, the more I drink, the better the meal.  Fact.
Having set myself a target to prepare one new meal each month for the next 12 months, it could be said that I have set myself up for failure before I have even begun.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.