Thursday 23 September 2010

Spider Update....

It is with ENORMOUS delight that I can confirm that thanks to my six stage plan last night was a spider free event!

Admittedly, it was a less than exciting evening thanks to my decision to take up residence on my bed, having given over the other five bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, dining room and various bathrooms to the eight legged beasts, but I can at least say that I was able to pass the evening without reaching for the super-mega-firm hold hairspray, and I even managed to watch a really awful film.  So all was truly not lost!

Husband returned home earlier than anticipated (10.15pm) and responded to my weak and fearful "I'm up here" with enthusiasm.  Once he had stopped laughing at my "nest" (consisting of all of the planned items plus a bonus bar of chocolate and a glass of damson gin), he accompanied me downstairs, where we began the process of removing the miles of tape that I had stuck all around the kitchen and around doorways. 

I would like to say a big thank you to my new friend Panda for her support and good wishes, and I am happy/relieved to report that husband is tonight due home before nightfall and so I do not anticipate any further trauma!

Phew!

1 comment:

Andrea (Panda) said...

Awe what a good Husband you have! Glad you went spider free till he got home.
you crack me up, I can picture you all huddled in blankets not moving.

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.